Create a YouTube Presentation
Whether you are a virtual or in-person presenter at this conference, we encourage you to present on the conference YouTube Channel. Here are two suggestions:
|1.||Record a video of your presentation before or after the conference, or ask a colleague to record a video of your presentation at the conference, then submit it to our YouTube channel.|
|2.||Create a PowerPoint presentation with voice-over before or after the conference, or record the audio of your presentation at the conference, then link this to your PowerPoint presentation.|
These presentation recordings will be published to YouTube with links to your Session Description on the conference website.
How to Submit Your Video or PowerPoint Presentation
|1.||Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a login and password to the Conference YouTube Channel. This password will only be active for 24 hours. If you do not upload your file within 24 hours, you will need to email Common Ground for a new login.|
|2.||Visit http://www.youtube.com using the login and password to access the Common Ground website.|
|3.||Click on ‘Add video’ at the top of the page (to the right of the search box).|
|4.||You will also be asked to give your video a title (use the title of your paper), description (use the ‘short description’ from your proposal), a video category, and tags (use the keywords from your proposal submission). Please select your Broadcast Options as ‘Public’, and your Date and Map Options (your location or location of your presentation). Please leave the Sharing Options the way they are.|
|5.||Upload your Video or PowerPoint file. Please check the size and length of your file. YouTube will not accept a file over the size of 1,024 MB and a video over the length of 10 minutes.|
|6.||Send an email to email@example.com stating that you have uploaded your paper so that we can verify and create links in your Session Description.|
- 1. Saving your video
- 1.1. Open your video in your editing program (iMovie, AVID, Final Cut Pro, Windows Movie Maker or another editing program).
- 1.2. Check the length of your video before saving it (it must be under 10 minutes).
- 1.3. Go to File > Save.
- 1.3 Save your file as either an MOV (QuickTime), WMV (Windows), AVI, or .MPG.
- 1.4. Save it to your video folder or desktop.
- 1.5. Check your video file by going to the file location double click on the video. It will default to open in QuickTime or Windows Media Player. If you do not have either of these programs, it will open in your video viewing software.
- 1.6. Watch video and check the content.
Helpful Hints: Submitting a Video of Your Presentation
- 1. Adding audio to your PowerPoint presentation
- 1.1. Use your audio recording device and upload your recorded voice (music, etc.) to your computer.
- 1.2. Open your PowerPoint presentation.
- 1.3. Click Insert > Movies and Sounds > Sound from File.
- 1.4. This will open a window which allows you to choose your recorded audio (which you have previously downloaded). Click Insert.
- 1.5. A new window will open that asks you “Do you want your sound to play automatically?”. Depending on how you would be saving or presenting your PowerPoint presentation, click accordingly. The default is “Yes”.
- 2. Saving your PowerPoint presentation as an MOV (QuickTime), WMV (Windows), AVI, or .MPG File
- 2.1. Open your PowerPoint presentation.
- 2.2. Click File > Make Movie.
- 2.3. This will open a window asking you to choose the location where you would like to save your video. Default is the desktop.
- 2.4. Check the video by going to the location where you saved the new file and double click on the video. It will default to open in QuickTime or Windows Media Player. If you do not have either of these it will open in your video viewing software.
- 2.5. Watch video and check the content.
Helpful Hints: Submitting a PowerPoint Presentation with Voice-Over
For further questions please see the YouTube Help Center at:
For other questions please email us at: